So, you are super busy with your business and everyone is nudging you to blog. You decide to cave in and do it, sit down to write one post and look at the clock and HOLY GUACAMOLE! Time flew away. Right? I’ve been there.
Your readers deserve a great post and you deserve to carry on with your awesome biz.
A good blog needs to have interesting and up-to-date content to keep visitors interested. Updating your blog may look tiring and time consuming. However listed below are 5 tricks that will help you write your blog posts faster.
1. Come Up With An Appropriate Schedule– Coming up with a schedule to write your blog will help you write when you are less likely to be distracted or tired. Some people prefer writing early in the morning before everyone wakes up or just before the day begins. Choose a time when you are more likely to be creative, less distracted or tired.
2. Get Rid Of All Distractions– Log out your twitter, Facebook and all other applications before you start. Only open the tabs you will be using for your research and close all the others to avoid wasting time. You need to be focused when writing to avoid wasting your time and to allow your creative juices to flow.
3. Turn Off The Spell Checker While Writing– To avoid wasting time, write your blog post without pausing to make corrections or to edit. Finish the entire post and then go back to correct the grammar and spelling mistakes. Doing this will help you to write faster as you will not be worried about the mistakes.
4. Gather All The Information And Essentials Before You Start Writing– Gather everything you will need when writing your blog post. Get your writing pad, pen, or drinking water. In addition make sure that you have done thorough research such that you are only left with compiling the information. Researching your work will help you write without stopping to refer to something for accuracy or to check on certain facts.
5. Write The Outline– Write down the main points before you begin writing. A blog post should have an introduction, body, and conclusion. Once you have written down the main points it will be easier for you to fill the details and break your post into readable and attractive subheadings.
Once you are done writing your blog, turn on the spell checker and go through your work correcting all the grammar and spelling mistakes. Read the post and edit it as necessary to ensure that the ideas flow and that the blog post is flawless. Using the tips outlined above will not only help you write faster but will ensure that you write great blog posts for your visitors.
Not totally in love with your blog design? Come see how I can help. Design Services
I’d love to hear your tips. How do you stay on track when it comes to writing your blog posts?