A business website is there to give information about your business to your audience in very specific detail. You want to ensure that it’s laser directed to your audience in such a way as to make the audience feel understood and safe at the same time. With that end, it’s essential to include these elements on your business website.
* Unique Content – Content consists of all information you put on your website, from blog posts to the about page. Images, forms, contextual information, the words on a submit button and more are all content, and all opportunities to appeal to your ideal client. The more you can direct everything toward that client, the more results you’re going to have.
* Overview of Benefits – A list of benefits of your offerings someplace or in many places on your website is a great thing to include. Your audience should leave your site totally understanding the benefits of your offerings, without having to question anything.
* Contact Information – Some people seem to want to hide their contact information. Make it easy. Use your contact me page to offer multiple ways that your audience can contact you, including a phone number, email form, social media pages and more. Don’t hide; be open.
* Simple Navigation – Nothing is worse than not being able to figure out how to get around a website. If you want your audience to not only stick to your website but also to use it to its full potential, make the navigation easy to understand and intuitive to your audience.
* Comments Section – Whether via blog posts or an entirely new page for comments, make it easy for your audience to comment and read comments from others. This is a wonderful use of website space, especially because user-generated content is loved by search engines.
* Clear CTAs – Don’t be shy when it comes to calls to action. Your audience has no idea what to do unless you tell them. Make your CTAs super clear and try to limit them to one or two per page of your website so that they don’t get confused about what to do.
* Special Offers – A great way to draw people to reading more information on your website is to always include some sort of special offer to new visitors. You can use plugins to time offerings as well as to only offer them to new visitors. This is a great way to increase customer loyalty.
* Email Newsletter Subscription – Don’t let your visitors leave without offering them the ability to get updated about your offerings in the form of a newsletter or email list. Pop-unders and sliders are very common today because they work. Consider adding them to your business website for maximum impact.
Adding these elements to your business website will make your site work that much better within your marketing and sales strategy. Just remember to frame everything you do in terms of how your audience thinks and feels rather than how you think and feel.